This week the peonies went from this:
... to another permutation I won’t even show you, then to this ...
... and then I gave up. Whatever I am trying to do, I’m not ready yet. I painted over it with white. Picture a white rectangle below.
Let’s look at the original and laugh:
The glazed peony went from this:
... to this:
... because I decided one of the many things I did wrong with the pink peonies (many many things) was that I went all sketchy and vague with the pre-paint drawing. This drawing is more exact. That way I won’t need to decide on shape and color at the same time. It will be more like paint-by-numbers.
So discouraging to take a step back after the success of the sunflowers. Clearly, because I bought a grownup easel, now the gods must slap me down for my hubris.