I was behind the steering wheel, in the dark, way too early in the morning, with Gary, and it was rainy, and there was road construction, and good god -- it was horrifying.
Here are the events:
- Gary disagreed with me, Siri, and the Mini GPS on what the route should be.
- His suggested route took us on a road closed for construction, where I had to make a u-turn, accompanied by Gary's screaming.
- I chose a better route, a safer route with no construction, and he insisted that we now blindly obey Siri, who ...
- ... took us into construction, which would have been fine in the daylight, but I veered into the actual construction area and had to swerve back on the rainy highway.
- I actually went the wrong way on a major road, and during the resulting screaming I redirected into the wrong way lane on an entirely different road.
- Gary demanded he drive instead, great, awesome, thank you, and then after the passenger/driver swap neither of us could get the car started again.
- We swapped again and when I was back in the driver's seat we found the car won't start with the door open. He insisted I drive home, since I was in the driver's seat already.
It was awful. Gary kept trying to make jokes about it after, and I was having none of that. So, in the future there will be no drives through construction zones with Gary at night when it is raining. And thus my dotage begins.