Well, I am still steamed that the basement drain is only half done, but still holding out hope that the half that's done is sufficient.
Gary did what he considers due diligence, which for him is learning how to do the job himself before speaking with a vendor. He learned the other approaches if the leak persists, and then called the company and convinced them to keep charging us. Really. "Work up a bill; I'll pay it, " and then convinced them if the half-drain failed that THEY could implement the other ideas he has.
The sad thing is that we now have to wait for rain on already-saturated ground before we put anything back. And before we start any new projects.
I may have to carry my painting supplies upstairs. The kitchen table's all cleaned off.