« Amendments |
| Life in the Big House: the Miniseries »
This week the crypts went from this ...
... to this:
... and the flowers went from this:
Not much happened there. A little detail on the two pink and white bottom right flowers and I tried the handle again.
Posted at 08:44 AM in Miscellaneous Mockery | Permalink
Those FLOWERS! Oh, wow. "A little detail" does a lot.
(and now I see what you were planning to do with the bricks. That makes sense!)
August 06, 2020 at 01:21 PM
KC - Thank you! I think they need a few thin layers still. They’re going to take a long time. Also ... I;m at the detail stage, which is the stage where things come alive, and as usual I’m so sick of it that I rush through the details. I would think that with two paintings in progress at the same time you wouldn’t have both in the details stage. Somehow it happened, though. I could jump ahead to coloring the sky in the crypts and leave the details on the crypt for a while.
August 06, 2020 at 08:49 PM
Well, if it takes, say, 25% of the time to rough out a painting and then the remaining 75% is details, then it'd make sense that you'd end up detailing two at the same time?
But yes! If you're sick of detail, sky might be good. :-) And maybe once the crypts are done you can think of some magic abstract painting that has no details, to relieve you as you petal the flowers?
August 06, 2020 at 10:15 PM
KC - well, I’ve been away from it for a few days so I’m not sick of detail any more. I could always start a new one, as well.
August 07, 2020 at 03:14 PM
Taking breaks between sessions: also a good tactic! :-)
August 07, 2020 at 07:37 PM
This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.
The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.
As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.
Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.
(URLs automatically linked.)
(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)
Name is required to post a comment
Please enter a valid email address