I was trying to remember what Gary got me for my birthday last year. I know I get an entire month of playing the Birthday Month card, and using it to win every argument, and that Gary does all the chores, but it is nice to unwrap one thing.
Then I remembered I have a blog, so I can look at a list.
- 2019 - We ate lunch at Salt and Smoke, a trendy BBQ place. He still has three weeks to present a present.
- 2018 - iPhone
- 2017 - No gift listed, just whining about how I've done everything new there is to do and it is time to turn old.
- 2016 - Briefly really wanted a Sodastream, and got a pie carrier and a sex toy (as you do).
- 2015 - I don't know what happened but I was just really cranky.
- 2014 - This was the month Ferguson happened, so any silliness about birthdays fell off the blog, maybe?
- 2013 – No gift, but many demands were met: shelves assembled, art museum visited.
- 2012 – I remember that I spoke on a panel, but forgot that I got an iPad.
- 2011 – This was all about the food. Gary bought me food every day, and we ate Peking duck, which requires forethought so that is a Big Deal.
- 2010 – Gary did selective weeding, and I'm guessing that since we went to Paris the next month there was no gift.
- 2009 – I got some type of electronic for "me." I suspect a new TiVo.
- 2008 – No gift listed, only that the Wii Fit wore a birthday hat on my birthday. Google changes the doodle on your birthday now, so it's quaint that I liked the Wii Fit programming.
- 2007 – My gift was the pink computer I am using right now to type this. I have had to fight to keep this 12 year old laptop.
- 2006 – No gift listed, only that the Friends tried to embarass me at Ozzies (yes, the long-defunct Ozzies).
You know what? Seeing it all listed out, I realize that with the exception of the pie carrier, Gary only buys me tech for my birthday. (For those saying, "What about the sex toy," it was iPad-enabled.)
Well, I might as well accept it. I'm going to the internet to see what new tech there is that I can ask for.