I was cleaning out the refrigerator and found a Tupperware dish containing half cherries and half green mold. (Optimistically, half-full of cherries.)
Gary saw we dumping the glop down the garbage disposal.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU CAN'T DO THAT! IT POISONS THE SINK!"
I stopped. "What are you talking about?"
"YOU CAN'T PUT THAT IN THE SINK! YOU'LL MAKE THE SINK SICK!"
I stared blankly at him. Then I turned on the disposal and ran the water. Then I lifted my left eyebrow at him.
"THAT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING! WE HAVE MOLD MOLECULES IN OUR SINK NOW!"
Seriously. Does he have a point? Should I have put the green mold in the trash? Burned it? Put the Tupperware in an autoclave? What would a normal person do?