Because he threw me out of bed seven years ago, Gary can stay up till dawn while I sleep comfortably in our guest room. Usually I am very happy with this arrangement, because he can stay up all night and I can sleep all night.
Lately, though, this has been happening:
- I wake up to use the bathroom at 2 am.
- I come back to my bed, half awake, and pull off the covers.
- Gary is there hiding under the covers and it scares the hell out of me.
- Gary finds this very funny.
Thankfully, I've just peed, so I don't wet myself, but I fall for it every time - which has been seven times. I think the last three times he added a moan or a hiss when I throw off the cover to further add to the terror.
Last night he decided to switch it up and he hid behind the door. My mind said, "That little shit!" as the same moment my body screamed. It was as if I recognized him and THOUGHT HE WAS A MURDERER simultaneously.
- If you haven't already, yell at him and let him know exactly how you feel.
- Put a camper john (some of them are very nice) in your bedroom so you don't have to leave the room.
- Carry a baseball bat (my original thought was gun) with you for self defense, and USE it when startled. No jury of your peers would convict you.
- Don't go back to your room. Go to HIS room after the potty trip.
- Put something that would scare him, like a giant fake spider?, in your bed when you're not in it.
- Put a lock on your door.
- Give up and enjoy his weird sense of humor, kind of in exchange for his cooking. Just don't laugh - that's a reward.
Posted by: ~~Silk | March 17, 2018 at 01:13 PM
~~Silk - I have tried doing the same to him, but I just giggle too hard.
Posted by: theQueen | March 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM