I took down my lush red honeysuckle, down to the ground, to better kill the poison ivy behind it. And kill it I did. I sprayed it till it was nothing but hairy dessicated vines. Then I cut those vines away from the roots and sprayed an extra dose on the roots. Then I let it sit there and be dead for a month.
Leaflets three? Leaflets zero!
So I grabbed it by my bare hands and wrestled it to the ground.
Who knew? Who knew it was of The Undead? And who didn't listen to Mom-in-her-head and "wear gloves EVERY time you garden, Ellen, that way you NEVER get poison ivy."
People at work saw I had been infected by the Undead Poison Ivy and backed away. I explained, "it's an allergic reaction. I'm not contagious," and then I fought off the urge to rub my face up against them. (And eat their brains.)
I don't know why I can't learn this lesson.