Spunky took the quiz this year.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Tweeted. Follow me: SpunkyLabia. I'm pretty quiet, though. I value my privacy.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolve to remain youthful.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A friend of The Appendage had a baby named Andrew, and Kate from the Cruise had a baby on New Years Eve.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I am surrounded by death. Dead skin cells.
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to Grand Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. I got the best pedicure of my life before that cruise. Lasted two months.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
My own damn way. I'm Spunky, damnit.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The Appendage didn't wear shoes, and then she put lobsters on the floor on April 10 - LobsterSlaughter!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I bested Jammies in her weak attempt at usurping my International Toe Porn Superstar title.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spunky does not fail, but The Appendage is beating herself up over forgetting to turn the heat on at her Mom's. There's no flood, but the water doesn't work on one wall.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The Appendage caught Wild Boar Flu, but that just meant more rest for me.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Possibly the Smartwool socks. They seem to be winning the Sock-off.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Big Toe. The pinky keeps trying the measure up, but really, it's not even half the toe the Big Toe is.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Appendage is back to not washing her pajamas again.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cashmere socks, baby.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Sock-off. It's just like a clinical trial. but for the feet!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Call and Answer."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Fat, happy and rich. Not as fat as The Appendage. Luckily she doesn't carry any of her weight in her toes.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exfoliation and moisturization.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Walking through a parking garage.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope, just held steady.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Mystery Diagnosis. The Best Mystery Diagnosis EVER was just on - "The Woman Who Went Crazy." It had everything. Well, except toes.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Spunky does not hate. Spunky pities.
24. What was the best book you read?
I am an International Toe Porn Superstar. I cannot read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The BASS is 33% easier to play than the guitar.
26. What did you want and get?
Lots of new socks.
27. What did you want and not get?
I am Spunky. I get everything I want. Except for World Peace. World Peace and a new stove. World Peace and a new stove and new glasses.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't go to the cinema. If I could see from my vantage point, I would have tried to see "La Danse: The Paris Opera Ballet"
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Twenty-three and a half in toe years.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A professional footrub.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Daring - some greens, some florals.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Angelina Jolie. She wears her superstardom well.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm a toebagger.
35. Who did you miss?
Sadly, on the 31st, Bill Powell, American golf course designer, died of a stroke. (Stifles giggle.)
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met Erin G and Freddie and palmed off some used Crocs on them.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
The older you are, the less protective fat you have on the soles of your feet. Painful, but true.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today. Life is good today. "