ScienceWoman returns. This time I am doing a control study on socks: Does Sock Expense Parallel Sock Quality?
Four brand-new socks were purchased for this purpose.
About that last pair - I know! Stop yelling at me!
- It's a silk-cashmere blend. Tiny little sweaters for my feet.
- Socks are my hobby.
- Maybe they last 12 times as long as the grocery store socks.
- Maybe I can get a science grant.
- Gary actually paid for them with One-Click Amazon, so they're an early Christmas gift.
- Maybe they'll make my ankles look thin.
- You can tell they're European because they point to the other side of the road.
So, Smartwool and grocery store socks have been purchased and are in a safe controlled environment. (Any hand-knit socks are not in the competition because of course, they are automatically superior.) When all the subjects are assembled, socks will be evaluated for:
Shin Exfoliation properties
Washability (hope none are dry-clean only)
Toe and Heel Wear
Elevation of Self-Esteem
So, soon the sock-off will begin. Wagering allowed in Nevada and New Jersey.