From Jhianna (Thanks, fellow Queen!)
Copy this list into your blog, including these instructions.
Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
(Or, at least go read the article. It's very good.)
Show Your Ignorance: Wikipedia link to anything you had to look up.
1. Venison -stew, made by grandpa, down on the farm. It was wonderful, but that may have been because I was starving.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros -Dave made these.
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile - Where can I get some?
Black pudding - It's what's for breakfast! In London, anyway.
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush - Has anyone else been on Topomax? You just don't care what you eat. I ate this because I liked the name.
12. Pho -I thought I hadn't had this, but I did. Vietnamese noodle meat dish.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi - Ugh. Tumeric kills me.
15. Hot dog from a street cart - A street cart right next to the Tower of London. It was revolting.
17. Black truffle - yeah, they got me, I ordered something just for the teensy speck of truffle.
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - Cherry Wine. Also from Grandpa.
19. Steamed pork buns - from a Dim Sum place.
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries - huh - more Grandpa cuisine
23. Foie gras -Got it at the grocery store.
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - No. Dad ate this. He ate some of the worst crap. He ate Grandma's Mac and Cheese, he ate enchildas from a jar, he ate jalepegno bologna. 26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
29. Baklava - I hate Baklava. Then, every five years, I forget I hate it. We just went to last year's Greek Festival so I still hate it.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas -Why would I eat something that hurts?
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi - oh, this bhang lassi sounds interesting.
35. Root beer float - I just said no to a root beer float at Fitzes last weekend. Oh, and we left just as firetrucks came. Does anyone know, did Fitzes burn down?
36. Cognac with a
fat cigar - well, I had cognac.
37. Clotted cream tea - Dudes. I make homemade clotted cream.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
40. Oxtail - stew counts
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects - chocolate covered ants
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more -they make this stuff? Oh, wait, that's malt liquor I'm thinking of.
46. Fugu - Only if I prepared it myself.
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine - must have when in Toronto
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads - This is another thing Dad ate. If it was at a nice restaraunt , maybe.
63. Kaolin - Kaopectate? Yeah, I've had that.
66. Frogs’ legs - I was seven, we were on vacation in Chicago.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - Well, I've had THAT. That's like chitterlings?
72. Caviar and blini - Both, just not at the same time.
73. Louche absinthe - no, but I'd like to. But only the poisonous wordwood type.
74. Gjetost, or brunost. - not yet, but sign me up for caramel cheese. Like those big tins of popcorn.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail - Escargot? Mais certainment.
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum - Gah! It has cilantro in it!
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant - What? Why stop at three stars? Unless I go to New York or France I haven't much chance of eating any star-food.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare - Rabbit Polenta, in fact
90. Criollo chocolate - WANT
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole Poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor - Made it for Tea two Christmases ago.
98. Polenta - Rabbit Polenta, in fact
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake - How did I miss snake?
I've had: 55 of the 100 (Where were brains on the list? What about snoots? Elk? Pheasant? Quail? Cactus? Dandelion wine? Raw conch? Wild boar sausage? All of which I have tried. This test is biased!)
Will never try: Head Cheese or Roadkill. Will never try because I don't like pain: Raw Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Wasabi peas, or Phaal.
Still on the list to try someday: Crillo chocolate and crocodile and poutine. Not all at the same time.