Here is what happens when you decide early not to throw a yearly tea party. The week the party would have been:
1. You attend the company Christmas party and enjoy it.
2. You attend the Yearly Company Lunch and enjoy it.
3. You attend Friend #1 Catherine the Red's birthday party and enjoy it and her friends, which number well over eight.
4. An impromptu "Die Die F*ck3r DIE!" GNO is planned for January.
5. You will attend Friend #2s House Moving Girls Night, and anticipate enjoying it, especially since you bought Chambord and brownies for the new pan. And Cheetos.
6. Your husband gets to buy a Christmas tree, because he can't complain the tree will be knocked over during the party.
Yeah, it's a new way of looking at things. I just never got the Tea Party itch this year. I blame Global Warming.