Here's the movie meme, but with a twist. Here is the list of AFIs top 100 movies, but instead of bolding the ones I've seen, I'm just going to list the ones I HAVEN'T seen. Stolen heartlessly from ... everyone, but specifically from Carrie.
4. Raging Bull (1980) - Still haven't seen it. I know. I know I said I'd watch this a year ago.
12. The Searchers (1956) - Never heard of it.
18. The General (1927) - Buster Keaton, right? Really? #18? Okay...
27. High Noon (1952) - I've seen the climactic scene. Well, at least the walking down the street part. After that, good guys win, right?
36. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) - I can hum the tune. I always confuse this with the Bridge at Remagen, which I watched because it starred George (yummmm) Segal.
43. Midnight Cowboy (1969) - Ends in a bus. Don't need to see it.
45. Shane (1953) - "Shane come back." Don't need to see it.
53. Deer Hunter, The (1978) - Russian Roulette
58. The Gold Rush (1925) - Eats his shoes
59. Nashville (1975) - I always confuse this with Network.
75. In the Heat of the Night (1967) - Sweaty. That's all I know.
79. The Wild Bunch (1969) - I haven't ever HEARD of this movie. Unles it's the one with motorcycles.
91. Sophie’s Choice (1982) - This has to be the only love story in the bunch.
92. Goodfellas (1990) - This has Joe Pesci in it? Right?
95. The Last Picture Show (1971) - BLAME MY MOM. I was watching this and Mom reminded my dad that this was the part when someone takes off her shirt and then suddenly I was in the kitchen and we weren't watching anymore.
So, I still need to see these 15 movies. And to anyone who gasps, "Whaaa! You haven't seen Raging Bull?" I say to you, "Whaa! You haven't seen #82. Sunrise (1927)?"