1. My husband only gets excited about a trip when his suitcase is packed:
2. Pandas are not as cute dead and stuffed:
3. Large portions of the elevated railway are BELOW ground. ("I don't see the EL here at all. Careful, you'll fall into that subway. NO, there's no EL station here.")
4. Luckily for me, Gary feels that creatures with big legs and tiny heads are particularly cute:
5. Whereas I like the creatures with the big German heads:
6. It is three miles from the Field museum to the Navy Pier.
7. The amount of gold in this King Tut exhibit is about one-tenth the amount in the 70's exhibit. I raced through it. Gary complained, "Ellen, this is King Tut's baby chair!" I would wave my hand dismissively and say "There are chairs that size covered in gold up ahead. Come on." And then we found ourselves at the end of the exhibit. Now I have to go to Egypt to see what I remember. Everyone, pray for peace in the Middle East.
8. It takes two BNL concerts for my husband to fall for the band; but now he wants to follow the band all around the U.S. and Canada.
9. The sun doesn't come out until it is the last day of vacation:
10. The Chicago Hilton does have the most amazing revolving door ever: