- Go into kitchen at 8:30 am and assemble all the turkey soup parts on the counter.
- Roast bones.
- Make stock.
- Realize you need to de-fat this if you want to eat it today.
- Do speed de-fatting like Mom did with the ice cubes.
- Research Best De-fatting device and order it on Amazon so this doesn’t happen next year.
- Chop vegetables.
- Ask husband to help chop vegetables and season the stock in his special way.
- Watch as husband adds butter and sautés each vegetable before he adds them to the de-fatted stock, essentially adding a stick and a half of butter to the broth.
It turned out really well, though. I suppose milk fat is tastier than turkey fat.